Recipe by Abby Girl
I am always looking to get more fiber into my diet, so when I came across this recipe, I knew I had found a great recipe. I use Splenda instead of regular sugar. A perfect breakfast muffin!!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (about 4 3/4 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ, untoasted
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 7 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Stir in oats, dates, raisins, and cranberries. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Stir in boiling water. Let batter stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.