1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies
I modified this Betty Crocker recipe, and I was surprised by the rave reviews other adults gave it! My friend Darlene asked me for the recipe, so I thought I'd share with all... The whole wheat pastry flour gives it some fiber, without making it as overbearing as regular whole wheat flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter (I use Crisco) or 3/4 cup shortening (I use Crisco)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs (I use Ener-G egg replacer)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips (Tropical Source chocolate chips for vegans)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Use a mixer to beat butter/shortening in a large mixing bowl; add sugars, baking powder and baking soda, and blend well.
- 3Add eggs (or egg replacer) and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- 4Finally, mix in the flour, and gradually add the oatmeal and lastly the chocolate chips.
- 5If the mixture forms individual dry clumps, try adding a little water (I had that problem when I used egg replacer).
- 6Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls, and place about 2-inches apart on a cookie sheet (I highly recommend the insulated sheets, or use two sheets layered on top of each other with the cookies on the top sheet).
- 7Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops are brown.
- 8Let sit for several minutes before removing to cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 53.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g