Prep 12 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found this on another site, Wholesome oat and whole wheat banana pancakes that will bake up light and fluffy—the secret is letting the batter rest for 5 minutes. States "A basic whole-grain pancake to get you going in the morning. Yu can also like to change it up a bit by adding 1/2 cup applesauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon instead of the banana
- Place the rolled oats into the jar of a blender and blend until the texture resembles coarse flour.
- Whisk together the blended oats, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, dry milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in the mashed banana.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Let the batter stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 2 minutes.
- Flip, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
These were very good. Fed them to my kids and they loved them (ages 4 & 6). My DD is allergic to dairy though so I left out the milk powder and used rice milk. Also added cinnamon and blueberries to some. Very good!