1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat, Oatmeal and Banana Pancakes
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this on another site, Wholesome oat and whole wheat banana pancakes that will bake up light and fluffy—the secret is letting the batter rest for 5 minutes. States "A basic whole-grain pancake to get you going in the morning. Yu can also like to change it up a bit by adding 1/2 cup applesauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon instead of the banana
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the rolled oats into the jar of a blender and blend until the texture resembles coarse flour.
- 2Whisk together the blended oats, whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, dry milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- 3Whisk together the egg, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- 4Stir in the mashed banana.
- 5Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- 6Let the batter stand for 5 minutes.
- 7Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat.
- 8Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, about 2 minutes.
- 9Flip, and cook until browned on the other side.
- 10Repeat with remaining batter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat, Oatmeal and Banana Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 478.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 10.1 g