Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe uses all natural healthy ingredients. We enjoy these in the morning before school. TIPS: Buy whole wheat flour that has NOT been bleached. Use NON BLEACHED white flour. Use only PURE honey. Make your own lemon juice by squeezing a fresh room temperature lemon. Extra virgin cold pressed olive oil has the best taste and has no extra junk in it. Use real vanilla extract, imitation has too many chemicals and not as good a flavor. Use baking powder without aluminum. If you want to loose weight and feel better this is a very good breakfast, has plenty of fiber to help cleanse the colon which is always the best place to start cleaning for a successful diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line muffin cups with muffin paper.
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients, excluding blueberries.
- In a blender, mix all wet ingredients.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nice texture for a whole wheat muffin! I tweaked the recipe a bit- I used all whole wheat flour (because I'm out of white), forgot the lemon (oops!), and instead of blueberries, threw in a teaspoon of cinannmon and instead of blueberries, I used chopped fresh apple and fresh orange zest. The apple stayed crunchy, but it was still yummy! Thanks for the recipe!