Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Originally published in the *Seattle Times*, this salad has a lovely balance of sweet (honey), tart (lime), and spicy (chili sauce), coupled with the crunch of brocoli slaw and peanuts. A perfect meal for a hot summer evening!
- 16 ounces noodles (whole-wheat, I used penne)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 limes, juiced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (or hot pepper sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup spinach, packed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 2 cups broccoli, shredded (brocoli slaw)
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and cooking al dente. Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, chili sauce and hot water; stir to blend well. Add oil in a steady stream, whisking to combine.
- Pour dressing over pasta and toss to blend. (If there is liquid in the bottom of the bowl, it will absorb into the pasta after all the additions.).
- Add spinach, carrots, green onions, broccoli slaw and cilantro to noodles. Toss well. Sprinkle with dry roasted peanuts before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.