Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In an aproach to get more whole grains into my family I have been trying new "healthy" recipes. The way I see it is that it needs to be healthy- of course, but just not taste like it. This recipe for whole wheat muffins IS one of those and I did not hear one word from the kids like "Is this another one of those healthy recipes?!" They loved them-they had no idea it was good for them! This recipe comes from our State Extension Office in Utah.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare muffin pan by lining it with paper baking cups or spraying with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, wheat germ, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add honey or brown sugar, milk, egg and oil all at once to dry ingredients. Mix until just moist.
- Do not over mix-batter will be lumpy.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 15 to 20 minutes.