Whole Wheat Maple Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375F and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, egg and maple syrup.
- In a medium bowl, stir together whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into the large bowl and stir wet and dry ingredients together until just combined, mixing in berries at the last minute, if using.
- Distribute batter evenly in 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 375F, until the muffin springs back when lightly pressed and a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from tin and cool completely on wire rack before serving.