Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet to wake up those tastebuds
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup light maple syrup
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup berries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, yogurt, egg and maple syrup.
- In a medium bowl, stir together whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into the large bowl and stir wet and dry ingredients together until just combined, mixing in berries at the last minute, if using.
- Distribute batter evenly in 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 375F, until the muffin springs back when lightly pressed and a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from tin and cool completely on wire rack before serving.