Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a combination of some really good macaroni salads. I love macaroni salad but I never buy it - too soupy in the stores and I hardly make it - I couldn't find a good recipe. We really liked this one. It has lots of veggies in it too - lots of crunch!
- 2 cups whole wheat macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle, chopped
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Mix pasta, celery, red onion, red pepper, and sweet pickles in large bowl.
- Mix dressing and combine with pasta and vegetable mixture.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.