Sherri L.'s Note:
I modified a whole-wheat pancake recipe to reduce sugar, fat and calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1In a large bowl, lightly mix together dry ingredients until well combined.
- 2In a blender, place buttermilk, orange juice, egg whites and vanilla. Blend on low speed until well combined.
- 3Gradually add dry mixture to blender in 2 to 3 batches, blending on low speed until just mixed.
- 4Spray griddle or pan with oil spray and heat over medium heat until hot.
- 5Slowly pour batter from blender, a little at a time, to make individual pancakes.
- 6Turn pancakes when tops are covered with tiny bubbles and undersides look cooked. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until golden.
- 7As each pancake is cooked, transfer to warm platter until all are cooked.
- 8To freeze pancakes, first cool completely on wire rack.
- 9Stack between wax paper, then place in heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag and place in freezer.
- 10Reheat in microwave on high 45 seconds, or in toaster or toaster oven at medium-high heat until hot.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Low-Fat Sugar-Free Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 163.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: