Recipe by lesliecoy
The original recipe came in the packet of Organics Basil I got today. I cooked it up and it was so awesome that I had to save it with a few changes. Roasted Pine Nuts tossed with Linguini and fresh Basil and Spinach. Red Pepper flakes give it a kick balanced out by the nutty flavor of the pine nuts !
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat linguine, cooked according to package directions (reserve a cup of pasta water)
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces spinach leaves, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 ounce basil, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Add olive oil to wok and saute pine nuts until golden. Remove pine nuts from oil to serving bowl.
- In same wok , saute minced garlic and pepper flakes in the olive oil for about 1 minute, careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add spinach and basil and toss until wilted. Turn off the heat under the wok.
- Add the linguini to the wok and toss together with the reserved pasta water.
- Add the pine nuts. At this point the dish can be held in covered wok until time to serve.
- When ready to serve toss, mixing well, in the wok over high heat until heated through. Top with grated Parmesan Cheese and salt and pepper to taste.