Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Everyday Italian on FoodTv. Looks soooo good!
- 1 lb whole wheat linguine
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb French style green bean, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Transfer the hot pasta to a large bowl and add the ricotta cheese.
- Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the green beans, garlic, salt, and pepper and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and continue cooking until tender, about 4 more minutes.
- Add the pasta with ricotta to the pan with the green beans and toss to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and gently toss.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with lemon zest. Serve.