Recipe by A Messy Cook
I love lemon poppy seed muffins. Here's a way to make them a little healthier.
Top Review by Stellula
Although quick and easy to make, this is not my favorite lemon poppyseed muffin. Even with health in mind, I would have preferred a bit more sweetness. Plus, I thought the 8 servings was rather odd since most muffin tins have 12 spots. I will try to make this again but with some adaptions (adding sugar and more lemond rind).
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached white flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemons, rind of
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, and poppy seeds.
- In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; add to dry mixture, mixing just until moistened.
- Divide mixture evenly into eight greased muffin cups; bake 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, and remove muffins to a rack to cool.