I found this recipe on the back of the whole wheat lasagna box. I modified the recipe to my tastes. There are other recipes on the zaar that are more fancier and more complicated. This is real simple and still tastes delicious. One day when I have the time I am going to try some of those highly rated lasagna recipes on the zaar.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) box whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 (12 ounce) cartons cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- Brown meat slowly; add next 6 ingredients to meat and simmer uncovered about 30 minutes.
- Cook lasagna noodles about 6 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese with next five ingredients.
- Place 1/2 noodles in 13x9x2 inch baking dish; spread 1/2 cheese mixture over noodles, add 1/2 mozzarella cheese and 1/2 meat mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.