Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A change to the traditional. I have combined many recipes I have gathered and created my own...enjoy!
- 1 (375 g) box whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 (330 g) package Yve's veggie ground round or 1 (330 g) package lean ground beef or 1 (330 g) package extra lean ground beef
- 1 (900 ml) can tomato sauce
- 4 -6 sprigs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 (500 ml) container 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, diced
- 300 g mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook lasagne according to package but for only half of the cooking time; leave in water and turn heat off once done cooking.
- Heat olive oil in large pan.
- Add garlic, cook for one minute.
- Add ground veggie meat or beef, cook beef until no pink remains or veggie meat is heated.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, set pan aside off of heat.
- Mix egg, cottage cheese, and basil in a bowl, set aside.
- Spray a 13inch by 9 inch baking dish with oil.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- With tongs, gently place a layer of noodles on top of the sauce.
- Add a layer of meat sauce.
- Add a 2nd layer of noodles.
- Add all of cottage cheese mix.
- Add a layer of mozza, saving one cup for top.
- Continue with layers until sauce and noodles are gone (you may have a few noodles left over).
- Finish with a layer of noodles, add final amount of cheese.
- Cover with tin foil.
- Cook at 350F for one hour, remove foil 10 minute before completion.