A friend of mine sent me this recipe. It is easy to make and very tasty and nutritious. I visit Ireland every couple of years, and this is much like what we enjoy for breakfast.
- Mix milk and lemon.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add milk and lemon mixture (buttermilk may be used instead).
- On floured bread board (I use whole wheat) knead dough for no more than a minute.
- Shape dough into a circle with a height of about two inches.
- Place on lightly oiled baking sheet.
- With (sharp) floured knife, cut an x nearly halfway through the dough.
- Bake about 40 minutes in 400F degrees degree oven.
- Dough should sound hollow when tapped with knuckles or handle of spoon.
- Place loaf on wire rack and let rest at least an hour before slicing.