Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
After you've had these biscuits you'll never want a fast food biscuit again! I make a huge batch of these once a month, then thaw out two each day for breakfast.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance Omega Plus
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free honey
- Sift dry ingredients together. Cut in Smart Balance with a pastry blender. Add milk and honey, mix quickly.
- Knead dough for a few minutes.
- Divide into 12 portions and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425°F oven 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Awesome, took a couple of tries, we are on a low sodium heart healthy diet because of my husbands heart attack. We have been watching what we eat, and had cut out bread almost altogether because it was making us feel bloated and not healthy. Thumbs up, thank you , thank you!