Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Casserole breads are easy to make and there is not too much fussing and they make DELICIOUS toast. They are also nice with soups. There isn't much kneading, if any, and they smell so good while baking waiting for that soup.
- Combine the whole wheat flour and yeast in a large bowl.
- Heat the buttermilk, molasses, honey, salt, and butter to 115 degrees and add to the above; mix well.
- Add the rolled oats, eggs, and enough flour to make it a good consistency.
- Rise for 1 hour.
- Shape and put into two 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Rise till double--about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
I love to bake bread,so was happy to see your bread recipes.The casserole bread is very good.I added some vital wheat gluten to help the raise,but other than that I kept to the recipe.Iam looking forward to trying your other bread recipes and will review them soon.Thanks Mimi