Recipe by mandagirl
This recipe is mixed in the bread machine and baked in the oven, but I suppose you could make it completely in the bread machine. (you may want to reduce yeast to 2 t. if you do this)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in bread pan in the order recommended for your machine. Select the dough/pasta cycle and press start.
- When dough is finished, turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead out all bubbles, adding more flour to board as necessary.
- Shape into loaf about 1 foot in length and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Let rise for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- When loaf in risen, bake in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.