Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I loved Honey Banana Bread, but made a few changes and this recipe is the result. Hard to tell that it is actually good for you!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Mix all dry ingredients well.
- Mash bananas and add all liquid ingredients in bowl with bananas.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mix, and stir JUST until moistened.
- Pour into greased loaf pan, and bake in 325°F preheated oven for 40-50 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.
Delicious! This is the perfect amount of sweetness for my family and I. Although I will add chocolate chips next time I make it. It's healthy and satisfying! The only problem I had was the cooking time, in my oven it took about 1 hour and 20 min to cook all the way through.
I loved this recipe. I have made it several times and like you I have added a couple of changes. I added 1/4 tsp ginger and a few chopped up walnuts. If you are on a low cholesterol diet you can have these. Anyway a very easy recipe to follow and it tastes terrific.