Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
The original recipe is from Breadworld.com. Soft, healthy and delicious little rolls :-)
Make and share this Whole Wheat Herb Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- Add remaining water, sugar, butter, salt, 1/2 cup flour, and wheat gluten, blend well.
- Stir in herbs and 1 cup flour to make a soft dough. Knead for 8-10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, cover let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down, divide into 12 equal pieces; shape into balls.
- Put the balls in a greased 8' round pan. Cover; let rise in warmplace until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400F for 15 -20 minutes.
Yum! What great and healthy dinner rolls. Very easy to make and very herb-y. I ended up adding about an extra 1/2 cup of flour, and I subbed honey for the sugar. My only caution -- don't make them when you are home alone -- they will disappear before anyone believes that you made them... ;-)