Recipe by Sharon123
This is a great recipe I got from 3ABN television. It is a little different, as the recipe uses oatmeal and flax seed. I know you will enjoy! Prep time includes rising time. For a demonstration on how to make these tasty buns, go here: http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=247514
Top Review by ondway2gourmet
Wow! These are great. Mine turned out heavy too, but that's normal when using whole wheat. I substituted 2 cups of Brown Rice Flour and they taste real good. My husband said to me that the Bison Burgers I made with these Buns were the best he has ever had.
- 2 cups warm water
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup cooked oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 6 cups whole wheat flour (you can replace 2 of the cups with white flour if you like)
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl place all ingredients except flour and yeast.
- Mix, adding 4 cups whole wheat flour(or 2 cups white flour, 2 cups whole wheat, if desired)and 2 tbls. yeast.
- Whip with a wooden spoon 5 minutes. Slowly, add the rest of the flour. Turn out on a floured board and knead till smooth.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place dough in it. Put in a warm place to rise, covered with a towel, about 1 hour.
- When the dough has doubled in size, divide into 12 pieces. Roll into smooth balls. Flatten with the palm of your hand and place on a baking sheet.
- Let rise till doubled, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Bake at 350*F. 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack.