Recipe by Dee514
This recipe is from SCCC's nationally accredited American Culinary Federation culinary arts program. Recipe from Christopher Tanner.
Top Review by Ironwok
I made one of these. Just used the beer I had at home. It came out quite dark. All my friends loved it! To me, it is bit on the sweet side. I think I will cut back on the brown sugar and the butter when making it again
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄8 cup molasses
- 12 ounces Guinness stout
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Mix together oats, whole-wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, combine butter, eggs, molasses and Guinness.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly moistened, forming a batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8 1/2 X 4 1/2-inch loaf pan, and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.