Recipe by MilanzMom
These are great. I also add blueberries (about a handful of fresh or 1/2 cup of frozen) for an even better griddle cake! [From my local newspaper.]
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flours, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Lightly beat the milk, egg, oil and honey together.
- Add the liquid ingredients all at once to the flour mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just moistened. Do not overmix, a few lumps are fine.
- Warm a lightly greased griddle pan over medium heat. The pan is ready when a few drops of water sprinkled on the griddle form fast-moving bubbles.
- Pour batter onto the griddle: 1/8 cup for small or 1/4 cup for large pancakes.
- When the tops of the pancakes are covered with holes and the bottoms are golden brown, flip to brown the other side.
- Keep warm in the oven.