Recipe by Geema
This tastes like dessert for breakfast. Top with some whipped cream for a real treat and a happy start to your day.
Top Review by hotdishmama
These have become our family favorite. I use canola oil instead of melted butter and regular apple juice instead of the concentrated to cut down on the fat and sugar a little. We serve with Buttermilk Syrup recipe #16717. Any time I serve these to company they always ask for the recipe. Thanks!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- additional butter, for topping
- maple syrup or apple butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend.
- Whisk apple juice concentrate, water, butter and eggs in a medium bowl to blend.
- Add to dry ingredients, whick batter just until blended.
- Heat heaby griddle or skillet over medium-high heat; brush with some oil or butter.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Cook until pancakes are golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate and keep warm in low oven while making the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup or apple butter.