Mims & Squims's Note:
Wonderful whole grain & lower fat version of popular biscuits. If you're not a big fan of whole wheat, try organic white whole wheat (or if you must, substitute half with all-purpose flour).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and vegetable shortening until crumbly.
- 3Add milk & cheese until dough forms.
- 4Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cooking sheet.
- 5Bake 8- 10 min until golden brown.
- 6Mix butter and garlic powder. Brush over warm biscuits.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.5
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 392.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: