Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful whole grain & lower fat version of popular biscuits. If you're not a big fan of whole wheat, try organic white whole wheat (or if you must, substitute half with all-purpose flour).
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and vegetable shortening until crumbly.
- Add milk & cheese until dough forms.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cooking sheet.
- Bake 8- 10 min until golden brown.
- Mix butter and garlic powder. Brush over warm biscuits.
We really liked this biscuits and I hope to make them again sometime! The only change I made was to use real butter in place of the shortening and the margarine. (It seems like 1/2 c. is a lot to brush over the biscuits.. I will try it with half the amount next time). Thanks for posting a great whole wheat recipe!
The texture of these busicuts is wonderful. It was just too wheaty for my personal tastes.