Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
We really enjoy this recipe. I usually use turkey brats with the casing removed. From Oxygen Magazine - May 2009
- 12 ounces whole wheat fusilli
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 8 ounces turkey sausage
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- Boil water in a large pot and cook to package directions. Add carrots, asparagus and broccoli to boiling water in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain when finished and reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Cut sausage into 1-inch slices. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add sausage and cook approximately 8 minutes, until almost cooked through. Add tomatoes and continue cooking 4-5 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Add pasta and vegetables to sausage and tomatoes; add reserved cooking liquid and combine thoroughly to heat through.
- Stir in basil and pepper to taste and serve.