1/2 Photos of Whole Wheat French Toast
Sydney Mike's Note:
Found this recipe in theAs You Like It Cookbook, 2001, & am posting it here along with its vegan counterpart!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place milk, water & egg whites in a blender & mix well.
- 2Add brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon & salt, blending until smooth, then pour into a shallow bowl & set aside.
- 3Put butter in a large frying pan & heat over medium heat, being careful not to burn the butter.
- 4Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture for about 30 seconds, then remove & place in the heated pan.
- 5Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the bottom is brown, then using a spatula, turn the each slice of bread over & cook the other side another 3 minutes.
- 6Serve quickly, drizzled with syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.8
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 409.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 37.2 g
- Protein 11.5 g