Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 mins
The orange juice makes all the difference in this one.
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- cooking spray
- In shallow bowl, combine egg whites, milk, orange juice, vanilla, nutmeg, & cinnamon. Beat until frothy.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, coat both sides.
- Coat large non-stick skillet w/ cooking spray & heat.
- Cook bread over medium heat 2-3 minutes then turn. Cook 2-3 minutes more until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut bread diagonally & serve with honey, molasses, or syrup.
Loved this recipe! The only changes I made were to use raw milk and two whole eggs (instead of just egg whites). I found it made 6 slices of bread, but because I used homemade whole wheat bread, I didn't soak it very long because I was afraid my slices would fall apart. We ate this with maple syrup and everyone loved it!
This was quite yummy! I used egg subsitute, and added some Splenda for the 1st try, but realized that the OJ taste had been drowned out! So I omitted it this morning, and it tasted great-I could taste the combo of cinnamon & OJ which was delicious. Served with sugar free syrup. Thanks for sharing!