Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Simple whole grain French bread recipe for 2 lb loaf.
- 1 1⁄2 cups lukewarm water
- 4 cups organic white whole wheat flour (I prefer King Arthur brand)
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons mineral salt or 1 3⁄4 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast
- Place ingredients in the bread pan in the order the manufacturer recommends.
- I run mine on the 2 lb white bread cycle, and it always comes out perfect!
This was terrible. Dry yet it was like it wasnt fully baked. My dough hook even got stuck in it when it baked in the machine. i followed all ingredients/ instructions and it was just gross. No flavor whatsoever. Guess I should have known since there wasnt even any sugar or butter in the recipe.
I tried this recipe when I was out of some of my usual baking ingredients since it is so simple. The second time I tried it I added garlic powder, sun dried tomatoes, and rosemary...delicious.