Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe I found published in a magazine in Idaho. It comes from the chef and owner of Angelo's Ristorante.
- Place the water, 1/2 cup biga, yeast, three quarters of the flour and salt (in that order) in the mixer and incorporate.
- Add the remaining flour and continue mixing for 5 minutes.
- Split the dough into oiled bowls and let rise twice, about 1 hour at 70°F.
- Press out onto oiled sheet pans and brush with infused oil and finely chopped rosemary and oregano.
- Let rise until doubled (about 1/2 hour).
- Press down gently with fingers to make dimples.
- Finish with a sprinkling of kosher salt.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes then turn and bake an additional 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Save any remaining biga for the next batch.