2 hrs 35 mins
This is a recipe I found published in a magazine in Idaho. It comes from the chef and owner of Angelo's Ristorante.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Biga (yeast starter)
- 1Place the water, 1/2 cup biga, yeast, three quarters of the flour and salt (in that order) in the mixer and incorporate.
- 2Add the remaining flour and continue mixing for 5 minutes.
- 3Split the dough into oiled bowls and let rise twice, about 1 hour at 70°F.
- 4Press out onto oiled sheet pans and brush with infused oil and finely chopped rosemary and oregano.
- 5Let rise until doubled (about 1/2 hour).
- 6Press down gently with fingers to make dimples.
- 7Finish with a sprinkling of kosher salt.
- 8Bake at 425F for 15 minutes then turn and bake an additional 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- 9Save any remaining biga for the next batch.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (4486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3290.1
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1461.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 662.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 111.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 126.6 g