Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've tried numerous pancake recipes, but this one works the best - and they're fluffy! I usually substitute 1 tablespoon sugar for 1/2 tablespoon of Truvia, and 3/4 cup of milk for 3/4 cup of soy milk, just because those are what I have around the kitchen. The optional extras in the steps could include blueberries, chocolate chips, banana slices, etc. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons butter substitute, melted or softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Beat egg until fluffy.
- Add milk and butter, mix.
- Add vanilla and sugar, mix.
- Sift in flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add in optional extras if desired.
Very good and fluffy. You almost forget you are eating whole wheat pancakes. Made for My 3 Chefs June 2012 game. Thanks Veggie McQueen for a great recipe.