Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Great healthy muffin. I got this recipe off a Hodgson Mill flax seed box. I'm always looking for ways to add fiber to my diet. This muffin fit the bill.
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped apples
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Blend dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, vegetable oil and milk.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and stir until just blended.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Batter will be thick.
- Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
A great healthful muffin. I chose Granny Smith apples and chopped almonds. The almonds added a nice crunch. Muffins a little on the dry side, but a great breakfast item. Would be great with apple butter!