Recipe by Barb G.
These muffins are full of grains, apples and nuts that are good for you. I found the recipe on a box of milled flax seed. Flax seed is nature's richest plant source of OMEGA-3 OILS!
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat graham flour
- 3⁄4 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped apples
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl; combine egg, oil, and milk; add dry ingredients to egg mixture and stir until JUST blended.
- Fold in apples and nuts; batter will be thick.
- Fill well greased muffin cups 2/3 full; bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched.