Recipe by jennifer in new jersey
This recipe is so adaptable. I have made them as listed below, or with walnuts, or blueberries, etc... I am mainly posting so I can see the nutritional value, but if you try them I hope you enjoy them as we do. They are not a super sweet muffin and I sometimes use turbinado sugar in place of the honey. I always use organic ingredients right dowon to the baking powder, but that is obviously optional here.
- 1 3⁄4 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed meal
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnut oil
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup grain sweetened carob chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix rest of ingredients.
- Combine all together just until mixed.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min or until center comes out clean when tested with a toothpick.
- I have made them and sometimes it took only 17 minutes.