Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A high fiber, high Omega-3 Fatty Acid, healthy bread from Arrowhead Mills. Rising time not included in preparation time.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water, lukewarm
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups whole wheat flour (stoneground preferred)
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add honey, salt, milk powder, oil and two cups of the whole wheat flour.
- Stir well.
- Add flax seeds and remaining flour.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (the dough should lose it's stickiness and feel something like one's earlobe in texture).
- Shape into a loaf and put into an oiled loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- While rising, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 45 minutes (approximately) or until done (bread will be golden brown and sound hollow when thumped).
- Turn out onto cooling rack.