1 hr 5 mins
A high fiber, high Omega-3 Fatty Acid, healthy bread from Arrowhead Mills. Rising time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Add honey, salt, milk powder, oil and two cups of the whole wheat flour.
- 3Stir well.
- 4Add flax seeds and remaining flour.
- 5Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (the dough should lose it's stickiness and feel something like one's earlobe in texture).
- 6Shape into a loaf and put into an oiled loaf pan.
- 7Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- 8While rising, preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes (approximately) or until done (bread will be golden brown and sound hollow when thumped).
- 10Turn out onto cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Flax Bread
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.6
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 238.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g