Recipe by CP Camper
Easy light Flat breads can be used with south asian or middle eastern cuisine and make great pizzas and sandwiches.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour warm water into mixing bowl and add olive oil, yeast and sugar. Whisk briefly and let stand until yeast is fully activated.
- Stir in dry ingredients and combine to form smooth dough(best to use your stand mixer's kneader for this step).
- Knead by hand for five minutes on a lightly floured surface adding additional flour as needed.
- Add 1 teaspoon Oil to clean bowl and add dough, turning to coat. Cover and let stand for 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough and divide into 6 or 7 even balls.
- Lightly roll out each ball into a 5 or six inch circle.
- Bring a non-stick pan to med-high and cook each disc individually turning once. Each side should show some dark brown spots, but avoid burning.