2 hrs 40 mins
CP Camper's Note:
Easy light Flat breads can be used with south asian or middle eastern cuisine and make great pizzas and sandwiches.
My Private Note
Flat Br ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour warm water into mixing bowl and add olive oil, yeast and sugar. Whisk briefly and let stand until yeast is fully activated.
- 2Stir in dry ingredients and combine to form smooth dough(best to use your stand mixer's kneader for this step).
- 3Knead by hand for five minutes on a lightly floured surface adding additional flour as needed.
- 4Add 1 teaspoon Oil to clean bowl and add dough, turning to coat. Cover and let stand for 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Punch down dough and divide into 6 or 7 even balls.
- 6Lightly roll out each ball into a 5 or six inch circle.
- 7Bring a non-stick pan to med-high and cook each disc individually turning once. Each side should show some dark brown spots, but avoid burning.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Flatbread
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.4
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 519.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: