I really like the taste of this simple, dense bread, and you don't even have to wait for it to rise! I bring it on camping trips all the time -- makes a great open faced sandwich with almond butter and preserves. It's also a great snack. Healthy and vegan. Cooking time includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Mix ingredients together in a large bowl (I use a wooden spoon for this, although you could also use the bread hook on a mixer, or even a bread machine).
- 3The dough should form a ball -- not too dry, but not too sticky either. If you have mixed for a long time, and there is still a lot of flour in the bowl, add a tiny bit more water; If the dough is too wet, add more flour.
- 4Cover the ball of dough with a thin dusting of flour, so you can remove it from the bowl.
- 5Using floured hands, spread the dough onto a greased cookie sheet -- The dough should be thin enough cover the entire sheet (make sure that the cookie sheet is greased so that the dough doesn't stick when you're trying to spread it).
- 6Bake for 25 minutes at 350 (for a more "cracker-like" snack, bake longer).
- 7Transfer to a cooling rack to cool, and cut into 12 slices.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Flat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (751 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g