Recipe by bricookie55
I found this on the back of a box of DaVinci whole wheat pasta. Enjoy!
Top Review by realbirdlady
This one really didn't work for me. The sauce was very thin and floury. I do normally make alfredo sauce with skim milk, but I think this recipe doesn't have enough flour to thicken, and/or it doesn't really get hydrated with this mixing order. Lauralie41's mixing order probably would be better.
- 12 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 ounces broccoli florets, frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, saute until onion is tender.
- Combine milk, chicken broth, flour, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until sauce becomes thick. Add Parmesan cheese.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add broccoli florets to the pasta during the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. Cook pasta to al dente.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Transfer to a large serving bowl, add sauce, toss, and enjoy.