1/2 Photos of Whole Wheat English Muffins
2 hrs 25 mins
Posted in response to request. I love English Muffins, especially the nooks and crannies that soak up butter and jam! Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water.
- 2Add the sugar, salt and dry milk and blend.
- 3Add half the flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- 4Set the mixture aside for 1 hour, or until the sponge falls back on itself.
- 5Beat in the oil.
- 6Add the remaining flour and mix well.
- 7Add extra flour if necessary to make a fairly stiff dough.
- 8With floured hands cut out about 20 four oz pieces of dough and form them into 3" patties.
- 9Place the patties on a greased cookie sheet and let rise about half an hour, or until they are doubled in bulk.
- 10Preheat griddle to 325 to 350 F and cook approximately 7 minutes per side.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat English Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 130.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g