Recipe by wyojess
I wanted to make whole wheat egg noodles that still tasted good, so I played around with ingredients this is what I came up with. You can add more whole wheat flour if you desire, just cut back on the all-purpose flour (the consistency will get more tough). I'll post my recipe for chicken noodle soup, too.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the eggs and flour. If you have a mixer with a dough hook, mix the dough until it looks smooth (about 2 min). You don't want the dough to be sticky, so add all-purpose flour a little bit at a time if sticky or add a little water if too dry.
- If you don't have a mixer with a dough hook, knead dough on the counter dusted with flour to get the same results (it will take a while). You can also use your bread machine, but you'll have to reference the instruction book.
- Let dough sit 30 min (covered) to allow gluten to develop.
- With Pasta Machine: Run through a pasta machine per manufacturer's instructions. I have a Marcato Atlas 150 and roll it to a thickness of "4" for soup noodles or "5" for spaghetti noodles.
- Without a pasta machine, roll out on a floured counter top with a rolling pin to 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 1/4" strips with a knife.
- Cut to desired length.
- Add to boiling water or broth and boil until tender (3-5 min). Really good to add to boiling chicken noodle soup!
- Boil all the noodles and store extra noodles in Ziploc baggies in the freezer for quick future meals.