1/5 Photos of Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
3 hrs 15 mins
Chef Glaucia's Note:
These dinner rolls bake to a beautiful golden brown. They are hearty with whole wheat and rich with old-fashioned goodness !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients into the pan of your bread machine. Program the machine for Manual or Dough. Adjust the dough consistency as necessary with additional flour or water; the finished dough should be soft and supple.
- 2Allow the machine to complete its cycle.
- 3Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide it into 12 pieces.
- 4Shape each piece into a ball. Place 1 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 5Bake rolls in a preheated 375ºF for 15 to 20 min, or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Brush with melted butter.
- 6Serve warm.
- 7Note: You can substitute white whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour and canola oil for the shortening in this recipe.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.1
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 201.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g