1/2 Photos of Whole Wheat Dinner Muffins
These are easy to put together and bake in about 18 minutes. They are low in fat and high in fiber. The recipe comes from Diabetes Cooking Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Spray 10 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, mix the flour, bran, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 4Make a well in the middle of flour mixture and pour in the buttermilk and oil.
- 5Mix quickly with a rubber scraper until flour disappears, folding dough with a kneading motion.
- 6Shape the dough into a round ball.
- 7Using 2 tablespoons of dough for each muffin, shape into a ball and place in prepared tin.
- 8Repeat until all dough is used.
- 9Bake for 18 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Dinner Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 312.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.9 g