Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Being made out of whole wheat and lowfat yogurt create some healthy muffins. The yogurt makes them very light and moist and the dates give them a sweet flavor.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, cream the sugar, butter and egg together until smooth.
- In a bowl, add the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Alternating with the flour mixture and the yogurt to the creamed mixture. When all combined, fold in the dates.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray or use muffin cups and fill 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.