Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this online, but I haven't tried it yet. Prep time includes 20 minutes to let yeast mixture sit.
- 354.88 ml white whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 63.78 g active dry yeast
- 236.59 ml warm water (110 - 115 deg)
- 236.59 ml water
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- Mix 3/4 cup flour in bowl with yeast and warm water. Blend until smooth, cover and leave until frothy, about 20 minutes.
- Gradually stir other ingredients, beating until smooth. You should have a mixture like pancakes, or just a bit thicker. Add flour or water as necessary.
- Heat a non-stick surface to med/med-high and put non-stick egg rings on surface to heat thoroughly.
- Pour batter into rings, so it's about 1/2 in deep. Cook until dry on top, about 10 minutes.
- Remove rings and turn crumpet over to brown on top. Cool on wire rack.