Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have never tried these but they have been in a newspaper cutout in my cookbook since cheese was $1.69 and from the look of the chefs hairstyle that was sometime in the 70's. Recipe Source: Donna Lou Morgan
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes. Mix together the bread cubes, melted butter, chopped parsley and garlic salt.
- Spread on one layer deep on a baking sheet and toast in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes or until crisp.
Very easy! AND tasty!!! I used some homemade wheat bread and cut them a bit bigger because I love croutons in soup instead of crackers. I also subbed garlic POWDER for the garlic salt, since I didn't want the extra sodium. Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.
Tastier and healthier than any store bought. We loved it. Thank you.
Delicious and crispy croutons, great on a salad! So good we couldn't keep from munching on them plain! Better than store-bought, easily made with things I always have on hand. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008