Recipe by Laura Sage
From a bunch of loose recipes I received from my grandmother. Haven't tried this one.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cake yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 -4 cups whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and add small amount of whole wheat flour to make soft batter.
- Let stand 10 to 15 minutes in warm place.
- Then add enough flour to make dough.
- Knead thoroughly.
- Divide into 3 or 4 portions and roll out very thin on cookie sheet.
- Let stand for 30 minutes and bake in slow oven (250 degrees) until lightly brown, then reduce heat and leave until dry and crisp.
- Any kind of seeds may be added -- sesame, flax, carawy or anise. Coconut or Torumel yeast make a nice variation.