Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These pancakes are packed with protein, so you aren't left hungry an hour later. Top with your favorite berries simmered with a touch of syrup.
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- In a large bowl, stir together the cheese, eggs, butter, and milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and nutmeg, and blend lightly until just mixed.
- Grease a griddle with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Put a large scoop of batter on the griddle and use the back of a spoon to spread it out evenly.
- The pancake is ready to flip when you begin to see small air bubbles form, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another minute or 2.