Recipe by Akikobay
My son and I were experimenting with using whole grains and we came up with this recipe. We found that the cooking heat is a bit lower than normal pancakes would require and that they need to be carefully watched and turned. If you want to add fruit, sprinkle them into the batter after you put the batter on the griddle. We like bananas, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries or mandarin orange segments.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup masa harina (we use Maseca brand)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients well.
- Add eggs and 1 cup of milk. Mix.
- Add melted butter (you can substitute with bacon fat if you want to be really decadent).
- The mixture will be thick, but as necessary add the additional milk.
- Don't make the pancakes too big and cook over medium heat being careful not to burn. Add fruit as described above.