Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
This is a modification from Sexymommalucas's Yummy Cinnamon Rolls for the Bread Machine, which I wanted to modify to reduce the fat and use whole wheat flour. Her recipe sounded so good that I had to try it! :)
- 236.59 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 118.29 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 59.16 ml water, warm 110F
- 49.61 g box vanilla instant pudding mix, about 1/4 cup
- 946.36 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.78 ml bread machine yeast
- Place all the ingredients in the bread pan of bread maching, in order as recommended by manufacturer. Process according to maufacturer's instructions for a dough setting and press start.
- When the bread machine has completed the dough cycle, remove dough from pan and turn out onto a lightly oiled surface, sprayed with Pam. Knead enough to punch down. Form dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- After dough has rested, roll into a large rectangle. Sprinkle dough with cinnamon and Splenda. Roll up and cut into 1" slices. Place into a lightly greased baking dish, cover, and let rise in a warm place for approx 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 325F for approx 20-25 minutes. Frost if desired with your favorite frosting.
I made this dough last night & the only change I made was to add 4t of vital wheat gluten. I used a different filling & made my own glaze, but this dough was GREAT! It was easy to work with and rose beautifully! I ended up with 16 rolls, but they rose so much that they ran out of room in the pan & popped up in the middle, so next time I think I'll divide the dough in half and then make 10 rolls from each half. These are NOT your Cinnabon rolls....the dough definitely tastes like whole wheat. But my whole family liked it and I feel better giving them whole wheat flour rather than white. Thanks for sharing!