1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
1 hr 5 mins
These cookies aren't for everyone, but they are my personal favorite. They are very different from other cookies. The flavor and texture are much more intense.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt coconut oil and mix with honey, vanilla and egg in a large bowl.
- 2Mix in chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- 3Add whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- 4Shape into a log (log will be moist -- it helps to spray hands with non-stick vegetable spray when shaping) and bake at 350°F on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet for 30 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and cool whole log on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- 7After the 10 minutes, slice log into cookie slices and place back on cookie sheet, leaving space between each cookie.
- 8bake for 15-20 minutes more.
- 9Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- 10*For variation sometimes I add 1/4 cup baking cocoa with flour.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 34.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g